Why Has Discord Won’t Download? Fortunately, the solution is straightforward and effective in virtually all situations. Here’s a quick instruction that will help you resolve your problem.
Many people who play games have been looking for an excellent way to communicate with others.
Over the years, they’ve used beautiful programs, such as Skype, TeamSpeak, and Ventrilo. However, none of these other apps came close to matching what Discord offers.
Many people consider Discord to be one of the best VoIP programs for students, gamers, and even businesses worldwide.
It’s simple to set up and use, has stable servers and incredible features.
As it turns out, not everyone appreciates the “ease of install” Many users have reported having trouble getting Discord to work.
Why has Discord won’t Download? Here are a few things you can try if you’re having trouble installing Discord.
Step 1: Delete Any Previous Installations Of Discord
For your query to “Why has Discord won’t Download?” we have an answer for you. People often have trouble Discord won’t download because they already have the app on their devices.
The installation process for Discord is simple and uncomplicated. When you run the setup file, it will be installed in seconds without requiring you to complete any complicated procedures. As a result, some users are unaware that the software has been installed.
The installation process for Discord is uncomplicated and straightforward. When you run the setup file, it will be installed in seconds without requiring you to complete any complicated procedures. As a result, some users are unaware that the software has been installed.
It’s conceivable that an older version of Discord remains installed on your phone or tablet. It is possible that your computer’s cache is interfering with the installation. We have a means to fix any problem, regardless of its nature.
Here’s how to get rid of previous Discord versions from your PC.
- Search for and open Add or Remove Programs from the Start Menu.
- Find Discord in the list of applications in the new window.
- Select it, then click Uninstall.
- Discord should be able to uninstall itself in a few seconds.
You can try to install the new version of Discord after removing the prior version. If Step 1 does not work, move on to Step 2. Get rid of your cache.
Step 2: Discord Cache Removal
- Press (Windows key + R). This will open the “Run program”.
- Enter %appdata% in the search box. This will take you to your Windows caching storage.
- You need to look for the Discord folder and then delete it.
- Select Local from the drop-down menu after moving up one folder to reach, by default, C:\Users\Your UserNameApp\Data.
- Find and delete the Discord folder once more.
This means that you can now be sure that there is no evidence of the old Discord version on your computer. It should be easy to install Discord on your computer if you follow these steps.
If you are still unable to do so, read the further fixes below.
Step 3: As An Administrator, Run The Programme
Because of a lack of permissions, Windows can frequently cause problems with applications and installation files.
The Discord application may not be able to be installed, even if your Windows user profile has administrator rights.
Follow these steps to provide the app with the necessary permissions:
- On DiscordSetup.exe, right-click it (setup file)
- Select Choose “Run As Administrator” and then “Confirm”
The installation should be complete without difficulties if you execute the application with administrator access.
Fix 2: Include An Anti-Virus Exclusion In Your Configuration
Windows Security, the anti-virus software that comes pre-installed on all Windows-based PCs, has been known to block the execution, installation, or upgrade of some apps. This could be the problem.
You can try this to keep Windows Security from interfering with the installation of Discord:
- Double-click the shield symbol after clicking the upwards arrow next to the clock and tray icons on the taskbar (Windows Security).
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection, then Manage settings under Virus & Threat Protection settings after Window Security is open.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the phrase “Add or remove exclusions”.
- Create a file exclusion and pick the “DiscordSetup.exe” that you downloaded from the Internet Archive.
Your anti-virus should no longer interfere with the installation process now that you’ve created an exclusion.
Redownload The Setup File As A Bonus
Check to see if your anti-virus software prevents you from accessing the Discord setup file. If that doesn’t work, re-download the setup file.
There is a chance that Windows Security has permanently restricted or destroyed critical sections of the file. When this happens, you may be able to fix the problem by going to the Discord official website and downloading a new setup file, following the removal of the preceding one.
As part of your troubleshooting process, Why has discord won’t download? It would help if you used these fixes to make sure you don’t have any more problems with installing Discord in the future. I hope this article helped you with a most asked question: Why has discord won’t download.
Ans- Even if your Windows user account has administrator privileges, the Discord installation may lack the necessary permissions to install the software. Attempt these steps: Right-click DiscordSetup.exe and select Properties (setup file) Determine if you want to execute the program as an administrator.
Ans- The iOS app for Discord now has a rating of 17+. It was previously 12+. The Discord app may no longer be available on iOS devices with content restrictions, such as iPhones and iPads.