Two of the most rewarding things a Twitch streamer can do are make a brilliant move in a multiplayer game or have one of your followers say something amusing in the chat. These are not common occurrences. They must be cut when this occurs. Clips, according to Twitch users, are the foundation of a good show.
The phrase “clip that!” has been used by a number of streamers. It makes no difference if you hit a great headshot, come back at the last second to win the game, or accomplish anything else. Twitch clips serve as lapel pins. These brief, bite-sized videos can be an excellent way to recall your stream’s most memorable, hilarious, and epic moments. However, simply saying “clip that!” is not enough.
Two of the most rewarding things a Twitch streamer can do are make a brilliant move in a multiplayer game or have one of your followers say something amusing in the chat.
Over one million Twitch users agree that clips are the foundation of a channel and that showing them to others is critical. They provide entertainment when and where it is needed, but they also serve as a historical record of a television channel. It’s considered a “streamer sin” not to download certain clips because they’re so important. If you think about it, clips might be a good option for you.
This guide contains all of the methods you’ll need to learn how to download Twitch clips.
Method 1- Download Your Own “Clips”
Follow these steps to download clips you’ve created.
- Open Twitch and log in with your username and password.
- Select Creator Dashboard by clicking your avatar in the top-right corner.
3. When you’re on the dashboard, select Content, and then Clips.
4. Click on the video clip you want to download and then on the arrow pointing upwards that says “Share” to begin the download process. Afterwards, you’ll want to click on the arrow pointing downwards that says “Download.”
5. The video clip will now be downloaded in the.mp4 format, which you can save anywhere on your pc.
When it comes to downloading the clips you’ve created, there’s nothing else you can do at this point. In order to download clips that have been created by others and posted on other channels, you must first log into your account. The good news is that nothing is too difficult at this point.
For more information, go to the next section.
Method 2- Downloading Twitch Clips That Aren’t Yours
If you want to download clips made by others, you’ll need to go to a third-party website. Despite the fact that there are numerous such websites, Clipr is widely regarded as the most user-friendly and easiest to navigate.
You can use these steps to ensure that you don’t have any problems downloading a clip from the site.
- Open Twitch in your browser and look for a clip you’d like to download.
3. If you haven’t already, open Clipr in your browser. Paste the clip’s URL into the field.
4. Wait a few seconds for Clipr to process the clip after clicking “Get Download Link.”
5. Finally, click the download button to save the video to your computer as an.mp4 file.
A Twitch clip has now been downloaded to your PC. You can keep it on your computer or move it to any external or cloud storage location that you prefer.
Simply follow the same steps to save any additional clips.
Method 3: Using A Chrome Extension To Download Clips
The method outlined above may be inefficient for some people, particularly those who download a large number of videos on a daily basis.
You’d have to open a website and copy and paste each link individually. While bookmarks can help you save time, the process is still much slower than it should be.
For people who download a large number of videos on a daily basis, there is a much faster method.
To do so, we used a tool called Twitch Clip Downloader to download the videos. Use this Chrome add-on to add this to your browser in under a minute. Once installed, downloading clips from the internet will be much faster and easier.
The steps below will show you how to do it.
- Open a non-incognito tab on Chrome.
- Download and install the extension on your browser.
- You should now see a new button for downloading clips when you go to the Twitch Clips page.
4. If you want to download a clip, all you have to do is press a button on the Twitch app and it will do the rest.
Many people prefer this method because it is the simplest and quickest. Furthermore, you should be able to use it without incident! There are no risks associated with using this extension on Twitch because it is well-known.
Downloading Clips Instead Of Keeping Them On Twitch Is A Good Idea
You might be perplexed at first as to why someone would download a clip rather than leave it on Twitch.
There are a lot of good reasons to download a clip. They’re here.
- If you clipped a moment from another streamer’s channel, the clip may be removed from the platform if the broadcaster deletes the video associated with the clip.
- The risk of Twitch videos and clips being removed from the platform is higher than ever thanks to the rise of DMCA takedowns.
- You can safely store a Twitch clip by downloading it. It also lets you share your videos on other platforms.
If you’re unsure how to clip on Twitch and have never done so before, our guide will walk you through the process step-by-step. It should be extremely beneficial!
You can avoid missing out on once-in-a-lifetime streaming moments by downloading Twitch clips and storing them safely.
Remind yourself to obtain permission from the broadcaster before posting those clips anywhere else, especially if they are from a different channel.
Ans- Choose Settings > Channels and Videos, then turn on Store saved broadcasts to have Twitch automatically save your broadcasts. Once a stream has been saved, go to the Video Producer page and click the More icon next to a video to select Download.
Ans- Twitch can save your broadcasts automatically, but only if you enable the option in your VOD Settings panel manually. Activate the Store past broadcasts option in the “VOD Settings” section by turning the switch on.