Why Discord overlay not working? Do you want to find a way to address the discord overlay problem without compromising any data? If you agree, then keep reading. Many Destiny 2 players would like to use a Destiny 2 discord overlay. Without a doubt, this guide will show you how to reinstall your Discord overlay.
It’s vital to be able to play games while speaking on Discord with the overlay enabled. It shows who is now speaking on your voice channel. This is a useful talent to have, especially while conducting raids.
Regrettably, even when no settings are altered, the Discord overlay not working.
Step 1: Make Sure Discord Overlay Is On
As a first step, try the most straightforward solution or fix it first. In this case, you should check to see if the Discord Overlay setting is turned on or not.
Discord overlay not working, To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Get into your Discord account and go to the User Settings page.
2. Select Game Overlay from the left-hand tabs at the bottom (Under Activity Settings).
3. Make sure the option to enable in-game overlays is turned on.
Begin a game when this option is active to see how the overlay appears. If it isn’t there, move on to the next response.
Step 2: Toggle The Overlay Lock
Take note of the Toggle Overlay Lock shortcut (Shift + ` – is the default shortcut) in the preceding screenshot.
You can try to make the overlay work by clicking this button. Launch a game once more to see if the default shortcut works. This should solve your problem.
Step 3: Add Game Support To Your Website
Discord overlay not working or load because the game you’re playing isn’t supported. As a result, the software is ignorant that you are doing anything.
As an added bonus, you may manually add the game to your Discord list of supported games.
Make sure the video game is turned on before proceeding.
- Open the User Settings (see previous screenshots).
- Open the Activity Status tab in Activity Settings.
- List of all the games you’ve played before: Those don’t bother you. Instead, you should click the Add it! button.
4. Make sure you choose the right window or game name, then press Add Game.
Discord can now tell the game you’re playing, and the overlay should appear when you launch it. This step must be repeated for any game that is not detected automatically.
Step 4: Disable App Overlays In Conflict
When using multiple overlays at the same time, Windows 10 has difficulties. It is possible that another overlay will conflict with Discord due to the fact that there are numerous applications that have this feature.
4.1: Turn Off NVIDIA Shadowplay Overlay
You can usually find NVIDIA Shadowplay’s overlay. If you have NVIDIA GPU drivers, it is because it comes with the drivers.
Disabling this overlay is as simple as following these instructions:
- In order to open GeForce Experience, you need to have a GeFor (via the icon in the system tray or search for it in the start menu).
- Click on Settings (the cogwheel in the top-right corner).
3. Disable the In-Game Overlay setting by going to the General tab and selecting it.
Return to Discord, toggle the overlay back on, launch your game, and test it out.
4.2: Turn Off AMD Radeon Overlay
What we said about NVIDIA’s overlay also applies to AMD’s, so let’s attempt to disable it. Naturally, the procedure is slightly different.
- To open the Radeon Overlay, either right-click your desktop and select Radeon Settings, or press Alt + R.
- To access advanced settings, click the cogwheel in the top-right corner of the Radeon Settings window.
- Locate the General tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find In-Game Overlay (under Preferences) and disable it.
The AMD Radeon overlay has been turned off. It’s time to start Discord, play your game, and make sure the overlay is working properly.
Step 5: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Many applications use Hardware Acceleration to speed up certain tasks and reduce CPU stress by utilising the GPU (or other hardware).
In Discord, this option is enabled by default, and it is usually best to leave it enabled. Having said that, we’re going to turn off Hardware Acceleration and see if that makes a difference.
- Return to User Settings after opening Discord.
- Go to the Advanced Tab by scrolling down the left-hand tabs.
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration.
Once you’ve restarted Discord, try the overlay once more.
Step 6: Reinstall Discord
Some users are unable to use overlays on Discord due to an issue with the app itself.
The best way to ensure this is not the case is to reinstall Discord using these instructions.
- Search for Discord in the Start Menu. Select Uninstall from the context menu when you right-click the icon.
- Discord is in Programs and Features. Find it, select it, and then click Uninstall again to get rid of it again.
3. Return to Discord’s official website and reinstall the desktop app.
4. Start the setup, follow the installation instructions, and then restart Discord.
It’s time to retest the overlay after you’ve successfully reinstalled Discord.
As a last resort, you could reinstall the game. If that fails, the problem may be beyond your ability to resolve. In that case, please direct your question is discord overlay not working to Discord’s official support.
Ans- The HTTP status code 404, as the name implies, informs you that the website page you’re attempting to access isn’t available on their server.
Ans- If this option is disabled, the in-game overlay on your Discord is already disabled. When you disable the option, it will be removed from all games.